Everyone is home
Everyone was up till 5 AM talking this morning. We looked at Adria's pictures and started hearing some of the great stories that Diandre and Adria had to tell. I was up at 7 AM, though, tracking down Adria, who had yet to go to sleep so I could hear more. Diandre got up from her little nap, as did Karen and once again the girls shared their stories as we asked about different things.I'm anxious to hear more. Perhaps I need a chiminea or something to put in the back yard.
Thank you Lord, for the safe return of our enriched family members.

14 Comments:
Welcome back to the USA!!! Wow....what a gathering at the airport! I hope that Diandre and Adria's luggage comes in today!
Stephie had lots to share but I couldn't keep up with her past 6:00am!! I've never seen her so talkative....stories, photos, and some unpacking (sand???) HaHa!
Thank You, Team Namibia, for bringing the girls home safely! Looking forward to sharing the trip with everyone many times over! When is our next gathering???
Hi Everyone!!! I am hoping to get the parents of all the kids to go to Margaritas on Thurs. night for a late dinner. I won't be able to go to Sam's house because I leave Sat. for 2 weeks, and I would love to catch up with all of you. Please let me know if you can come. My email is peterpan5@earthlink.net. Would love to see as many of us get together as possible. Thank you for you prayers and support. I am so happy everyone is home safe!! BUT, I miss my roomates!!!!!!!!!!
Sandi
ps.....I love this "afternamibiablogsite", now I can become an addict like the rest of you!!!!!!!!! hahaha!! Thanks Don and Karyn!!!!
Sandi
hey steph, yeah definetly weird sleeping last night 6-1 hehe... on a more serious note I just wanted to let everyone know that I am praying for you all as we adjust back into american life. I know its gonna be hard, but we will get through it together. I think it finally hit me that we weren’t in Namibia anymore when I didn’t wake up to the sound of jason attempting to wake up bonnie =) hehe…
dancers- i am so so proud of you guys! each time I saw you dance my heart swelled with joy and love and the difference you made in the lives of the kids is more than you can comprehend. It still blows my mind how I just met you guys six months ago, and how since then I have fallen in love with each one of you. I am really looking forward to Sunday and I hope that each one of you guys will come to church so we can have a team reunion!
i especially want to send out a note to manda, katie, jackie, stephie, mitch, kara, & bonnie boodles- I just wanted to let you guys know that you made my job easy. i miss you guys tons already, and I feel weird that I’m not checking every two seconds to make sure that all 7 of you are accounted for. We had some good times and I think im actually gonna miss being called Team Leader Amanda LaFave. By the way… each of you will be receiving an envelope full of quarters shortly ;-)
to the whole Namibia team I want to leave you with these words that were written to me after the trip last year. These words have always stuck with me and I hope they touch you as much as they have touched me.
“So let the memories come, and all the emotions come with them, and may the past shape how you live the future. May every new friend you have loved inspire you to love all the more. May every new joke and funny story inspire you to never take life to seriously. And may every lesson you have learned inspire you to never stop growing and never to settle for less than the heights God has planned for you.”
Buy a donkey for everything!
Ek us lief fer yo and ek fer long yo. (I love you and I miss you)
~Amanda (aka TLA)
I'm feeling a little bored so I am going to start a campfire in the back of my apartment building. Please keep your cellphones on in case I need to call you for bail.
I agree full heartedly with Manda. I miss each of you more than you can imagine. I will not allow this to be the end. There will be socials, extravaganzas, gallas, and other reunion events.
Sandi, go to bed.
razzle dazzle: I see you like your new names!! I love it!!
FYI: I don't want anyone to think that my friend Denise is being anti-social, so I am just writing in to remind everyone that she is adding to the ocean water levels at North Beach for the next two weeks...and she would like everyone to come and visit! They are always sitting on the beach straight up from 11th Street, North Beach, North Hampton!!!
She may still be crying, but I'm sure she'll get better as the days go on!
I'll be chatting with her soon and see if there's a certain day to plan a rendezvous---weather permitting! I'm sure it will be hot!
Sneaky sneaky....
more picture up in the gallery with no mention that they were there...check out Team Fontein and Team Mpampo albums!!
ahhhhhh, I miss everyone so much. I slept from 6 am until 3 in the afternoon yesterday, I had absolutely no sense of what time it was, but I guess that's what I guess for having not slept since Thursday. This morning though, I woke up at 5am and could not go back to sleep no matter how hard I tried.
I've already gotten all of my film pictures developed and I've ordered my digital ones too. I'm so excited that they came out good, although I realized that I took way too many pictures of some things. I can't wait to share them with everyone and see everyone elses. I even have some doubles that I can't wait to share. I'll be posting up info about the reunion/debrief/after party as soon as the Berthiaume's send me the access info for this site, so keep a lookout.
Stephy~ Weird doesn't even begin to describe how strange it feels to nto have everyone to talk to right now. But, don't worry, we'll hang out soon.
Amanda~ You always have such amazing things to say about everyone, I'll miss you and our late night jornaling
J.Mraz~ Love the blog name, hope the fire didn't get too out of control, lol. I can't wait for the galas/ extravaganzas:) And we still need to get you and Mrs. Mraz set up on AIM so you can stay up late talking to us at night when we all can't go to sleep.
Yeah, how does this AIM thing work? Feel free to clue Colleen and I in through an email or call or something. We want to be hip!
Hey, Colleen and I figured it out. We have a screen name now. We are so with it. Now we just don't know how to talk to anyone! Our screenname is "Mrazculous". What do we do now?
J.Mraz, I just left you a bunch of messages on your screenname. Let me know if you didn' get them or don't understnd them. I think I gave you my email in your journal if you need more help. Or you can just IM me:)
I am definitely going to need some coaching in the IM department. any volunteers? I am clueless with this thing.
Mr. and Mrs. Mraz....
The biggest thing you need to know about AIM is the lingo! And just like the blog site, it can and will take over your lives! As the mother of two professional AIM-ers, here's what a typical day might be like if there's nothing else going on:
You get up whenever you wake up;
check to see if anyone left you a message overnight;
read everyones' profile and away messages, but don't leave anyone a message;
grab some breakfast and sit down to eat, staring at the computer screen;
learn to communicate using one or two words only;
they'll write...."hey"
you write........"hey"
you wait for their response;
bathroom breaks taken as needed; a litte reading and tv might occur; perhaps a text message or two on the cell phone; rarely a true telephone conversation takes place;
This activity will go on throughout the day and evening and well past the time I head off to bed; a few abbreviations to get you started:
BRB.....be right back
TTYL....talk to you later
LOL.....laughing out loud
Hope this helps to get you started! Happy AIM-ing! You'll be Pro's in no time!
Post a Comment
<< Home