Monday, August 22, 2005

Cross Country

Hey everyone. I just got back from a cross country trip with my brother. It was no Africa trip but it was pretty fun. I think I have traveled the equivalent of the earth's circumference in mileage this summer.

Anyways, it was a good time. We saw some baseball games at some different places including seeing the Sox get killed in Anaheim. I almost got killed by a line drive at a game in Denver (I'm not joking!) We also went to Bryce Canyon, Zion, and the Grand Canyon. God was so good to us the whole way. My car has no air conditioning so we were a little afraid of the heat but there was unseasonably cool weather for the majority of the trip. Oh yeah, we also got to see Sam at USC! That place is huge.

It was just a great time overall and I never cease to be amazed by the miracle of God's creation (you just can't appreciate the wonder of the Grand Canyon unless you are there).

Hope all is going well with everyone else. I like Michelle cannot believe it has been over a month since Namibia and I miss it a great deal. Hope to see folks at church!

15 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, August 27, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

Well, I can't let you blog alone....I held off long enough! Jason, I'm glad you had a great journey across the U.S. and I loved your arrival right after the service at CCA!! That was pretty cool and Colleen was just saying that you'd be home in the next day or two! You're a great couple!

Hope to see some of you at CCA on Sunday----there's going to be some great music! We'll have our own "Shaw Brothers" jammin' together! See you soon!

 
At 1:23 PM, August 28, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

Heard a little whisper this morning that two new videos will be ready soon!!!! Stay tuned to the Blog!

 
At 11:19 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

You are the coolest! We could chat with each other until everyone else wakes up! HaHa! I've heard about Jet Lag but I didn't think it took this long! Maybe Darin has a plan???

 
At 11:31 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

Hey! Mitchy...

"It's Just You and Me Here Now...."

Oh! How I love my Namibia'05 CD!!

 
At 1:47 AM, August 30, 2005, Blogger J. Roaf said...

You're not alone. I'm here and checking. I really don't have a whole lot to add beyond that. I can't sleep, it's 1:45, and I'm checking the blog. I guess you could say I'm still into it.

 
At 9:23 AM, August 30, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

Hi! Jason...I actually meant to include you on the bloggee list! I knew you were still with us. After our conversation about "Adults" at church the other day, I got an email joke that defined some words and adults was one of them. It said...."Adults are people who have stopped growing at both ends but are now growing in the middle!!" So, I guess I qualify! HaHa!

 
At 11:09 AM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

I was blogged out for a day because Verizon DSL was having difficulties yesterday in the Manchester, NH area! We were forced to have an internet-free day! HaHa! Anyway, I remember hearing that the Mraz' ordered some grapetiser upon returning home! Maybe you can get-together for a picnic!!!

 
At 11:12 AM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

Colleen and Jason...when do you start back at school??? Manchester goes back on Tuesday. Lots of districts started this week already! Jason, are you getting ready for ENGLISH??? Good Luck!!

 
At 9:28 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Darin said...

Greetings Michelle, Jackie and Jason... it appears that we're all that's left with this after-namibia blog. Unless (as I suspect) others are reading but not posting.

Michelle, it was nice to IM with you last night. I, too, am feeling bummed about not being together as we were at Dieter's. I've been working on a post-trip report that the Board at the church wants from me, but words are just not coming together for this one. The story is too long with too many memories - none of which I want to leave out. My brief trip summary starts to feel like an Epic when words do flow.

Lets kick some of our team members in the butt to get them dropping in here more regularly to dialogue. Perhaps Jason can promise them some grape-tizer.

Miss you all!

 
At 3:58 AM, September 03, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

Our name gets crazier by the day! I love it! And, I'm proud to be part of it! Wishing all a great Labor Day Weekend! Have some fun!

 
At 3:28 AM, September 04, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

I'm having lots of fun working weddings this weekend! Two down and only one more to go!! Yeah! Then I will have Monday to relax and get ready for the big week ahead! It is....shhhh....back-to-school-time! I love my city when all the people are working and all the kids are at school! It's so peaceful out there! HaHa!

 
At 3:42 PM, September 04, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

That's OK, Mitchy! Scream a Joyful Noise! I don't mind listening! Off to work I go! Chat later!

 
At 12:00 AM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Jackie said...

Happy Back-to-School Day! Hope it's a fun one! I will be at school as well trying to get Steph's schedule in order---we've been working on this for the past two weeks!!

 
At 4:22 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger amanda said...

hey guys! wow, sorry i haven't posted in awhile but i just got the site off of becca's profile hehe...
mitchy- so... first off i just wanted to say i love and miss you, and im glad you like all the messages i leave for u on im cuz we are never around at the same time =) so i have been reading some of your past posts, and I am in awe of how God is truly working in your life and how he used a place like Africa to really work in your heart. Your long list of memories made me smile, but it made me get teary eyed too because we all know that most of us left a piece of our heart back in Namibia. the amazing thing though is that even when you feel lonely and empty and alone, God gave you the gift to see a precious smile on a child's face and you made an imprint on the hearts of many which can never be taken away. God fills the emptiness we have inside with love for the many people we met, and he left our hearts full of memories that changed you and made you into a better person.
today in chapel we were in 2 Corinthians and the man who preached talked about how God uses us to be ministers and we ourselves are like a letter, that will be written in the hearts of others. On this trip you recieved many "letters" from our group who were the people you came to love and admire, as well as the people of Namibia that you are attached to,and those people wrote a special message on your heart that will always be there. but not only that, you yourself let your life be written into the hearts of many- the people of Namibia as well as everyone in our group.
When I came back from my trip last year I remember feeling most of what your feeling now. the only advice I can give you from what I've learned is that realize you can still have those relationships and still make a difference in the lives of many right where you are. You don't have to live in a certain place to live life to the fullest and to make a difference in someones life. When you dance and perform realize that even though your not in Africa that there are people in your audience who are hurting and troubled, so dance with everything that's in you. when you feel bummed or sad call one of us up and talk, even though we are not all crammed up in Dieter's house (the love shack =) realize that it's not the location that matters it's the relationship and the connections our group made and the love we have for eachother is still there we just need to make time. Namibia is a place like no other and our hearts ache for the laid back lifestyle and the relationships, but until we can go back sometimes all we can do is turn what your living right now into a Namibian experience. I know in my life the only thing that drew me out of my post namibian depression was working with kids, and that's when God told me that that's what he wants me to do with my life. It gets better i promise... just make sure you talk things through with the people you fell in love with instead of letting it build up. i know im a little bit farther away now, but know you can always call you TLAL anytime =) im praying for you, and i hope your first day at school went okay. i love you tons!!!
and to jackie and jason- haha the faithful bloggers even when the rest of the team has been caught up in the craziness of life.. thanks for keeping this thing going. (hehe and of course u r included in that too mitchy..=)
Pastor Darin- I miss you!
jace and colleen, im praying for you guys as you go back to your students! and don't worry jace... im fighting off the boys ;-), so far though i haven't met anyone here that you would approve of over dinner, and trust me boys are the farthest thing from my mind so u should be proud of me =) and i treasure the precious namibian red sox hat btw... hehe, well anyways im gonna get back to some h-work and the busyness of college life. sorry if this post was long but there was a lot i wanted to say! love you all
~Amanda
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understnading, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~Phillipians 4;6-7

 
At 9:37 PM, September 10, 2005, Blogger amanda said...

hey mitchy!!! i love you too! and im so glad that school is going well, enjoy it even when its annoying, i never thought i would say this but it goes by really fast... yikes im getting old.. hehe love you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home