Time for another entry
Thanks, Amanda, for your insight and thoughts on post Namibia life. I noticed you didn't have "posting" rights yet. If you send me your email, I can set that up for you.And Mitch, how come you haven't responded to your invitiation yet?????
Amanda, I couldn't agree more with part of your post.... "we ourselves are like a letter, that will be written in the hearts of others." It reminded me of something I read...
"For we are, each of us, a collection of memories.
Our personalities are the collective result of
everything that has happened to us.
Yeah, it is at the end of the day
we look back upon the days and years
through the looking glass of memory.
And when we are gone,
we become a part of the memories
And personalities of others."
- Sons of Somerled
It makes me stop and wonder what lasting impressions and memories the namibia05 group left with those whose lives they touched and how their own lives have been touched as well. It leaves me awestruck knowing the power that each of us possess whenever we interact with others and the lasting impression, good or bad, that we make.
Just think about it, having spent only a half-hour with someone and having them remember that half-hour (and you) for years and years to come....
Thanks Mitch for sharing your thoughts and memories :-)
Like Amanda said, through your experiences in Africa, you found out that YOU can make a difference in this world and you can make this difference anywhere and anytime you choose.
Amanda, I hope all continues to go well with college and I'm hoping that some of the "other college students" can stop by sometime and let everyone know how they're doing.
- peace

13 Comments:
Wow!! Thanks, Don, for posting again! I've missed chatting with you (and with Karen)!! How are you doing?? Adjusting to your quieter household, now that Diandre is settled in at Penn State?? I've been thinking of you often and hoping that you have been doing well with the transition. I remember the feelings quite vividly from a couple of years ago when Christine went out to UNH. It seemed like it was on the other side of the world! It took some time for me to adjust. Steph adapted much faster than I did.
Glad you're back on the blog! Let us know how things are going!! I also hope that the college girls will drop in from time to time and share with us as well!
Hello again! Don and Karen (and everyone else)....try to visit the new "interactive sermon" blog site from the CCA website! There are some interesting comments and conversations going on!
Hey Jackie
I've stopped by and have been taking in the posts. Wonderful thing these blogs, heh?
I imagine something will stike a chord with me sometime soon and it'll have me blogging again.
I'll be adding a link from this site soon...probably within the next few minutes actually...
:-)
Hey everyone!! bet you all thought I drowned!!! almost!! August was a tough month for me...lost a good friend in a car accident...shock to me and Gary...anyways...I'm still here trying to look for a job!! anyone got on for me? Jackie...any bartending openings? now that we're back to the old routine of running around we'll probably get to see more of each other!! I know Steph is happy to be back to dance..and she started driving so she will be attending drivers ed soon...what am I going to do??? lol!! well...miss everyone..hope all is well!! take care and God Bless!!
Yeah! Another friend returns!! Glad to have you back, Dee! You should try to come to CCA on Sunday....they are back to the two services this weekend. We'll be going at 11:00! We should set up a lunch date too....my days are open right now! Anyone else free to join us??
Oh! Mitchyyyyyy........where are you??? How's school??
Ahhh now... be encouraged. The traffic is slowly picking up. This virtual community is on its way to a resurrection. We need to toss some new pictures and video at this thing. Mike still has some video he needs to finish. I'll lean on him and see what we can come up with. Oh, and two leaders have surfaced planning next summer's trip. Hmmm.
I think I might just go next year...would that be possible Darin??? I do love kids...I think I would want to take them home with me!!! I want to Go!!! Can't wait to see more pictures and videos!! I still cry when I look at the old ones!! miss everyone...hope to see you soon!!Jackie...will you be my roommate next year????
Mr & Mrs Mraz...how are you?? Steph really misses you!!! how in the world did you get to see the Patriots opening night??? I'm jealous!!! hope everything is well...we need a reunion soon!!! Mrs. B...Steph's mom!!
Dee...You can't cry every day if we go! Let's start getting our shots NOW!! Ha!
P.S. What is Shirley without Laverne???
How is Mr. Micheal Knight doing??? You were of course my daughters "Dad" she said in Africa....hope everything is well...we miss you!! we need to get together for a chiminea sing a long!!! Those were the best days of my life as everyone sang at Sams!!!! let's plan something soon....maybe a Sunday afternoon...football and singing???? and barbequeing???....
Mitchy---I am so glad you checked in! I was worried about you! School and dance will be taking up a lot of your time, but please write in and let us know how you're doing! See....more bloggers blogging! Yeah! I will be coming by the studio soon to visit and say hello to my friends. I have pictures to share! Take Care!
Post a Comment
<< Home